Thursday, May 5, 2011

A Sneak Peak: New Pouches

After I had my first kid, I realized how hard it was to be an organized, forget fashionable, mom.  My diaper bag was a cheap black sling that held next to nothing and I could NEVER find anything.  I remember packing like eight diapers, but when it came time to change him I could not find one.  And the bag was small!  Finally, I found a really cute last season Vera Bradley make-up bag to put a couple of diapers in.  That was great for awhile until I had another kid and voila! I had TWO kids in diapers. 

This bag has gone through many stages, from being solely a pouch with no padding, to padding, to padding and stabilizer, to the end product: decorated, fashion-forward padding pouch that hold quite a few diapers and a wipes case.  And it's cute. 

Feast your eyes:



Each has a sewn-in hook and loop fastener (Velcro) to keep it secure.  A cute ribbon or pom adorn each flap to give it some needed flair.  I made my own buttons on some (so easy...note to put method in blog post) and added some coordinating or contrasting ribbon to make it really pop.  Overall, very roomy.  I stuff four diapers and a wipes case in there and it closes like a charm.  When I travel, my Kindle goes into it.  I don't know if it fits an iPad** as I don't have one and have yet to make a template for one, but it would not be hard to slightly adjust the pouch to fit an iPad. 

For my next go-round of the pouch, I'd like to add a diaper changing mat and a handle on top (or wrist strap!). 

There you have it!  I'll have a post up on how to make these.  Extremely simple!

-M

**Revised:  It DOES fit an iPad.  Yay!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment