Thursday, May 12, 2011

The Truth Shall Set You Free

Oi, I'm going to go ahead and confess...I don't know how to do everything sewing related.  I had to Google last Wednesday what a French seam is.  Turns out I was doing it anyway (yay for luck) on a lot of the kids clothes and curtains.  The hardest thing that I just figured out TODAY?  Mitered edges on a baby blanket. 

Yes, I make a satin trim for my baby blankets.  I add about an extra 1.5 to 2.5 inches (depending on the size of the blanket; smaller for the lovey, larger for the stroller) and 'roll' it over.  I had the hardest time figuring out how to make perfect 45 degree angles for each corner.  I decided to roll it under and sew it.  I really liked the result because I could add some contrasting color from the stitches.  But how to make the all-mighty invisible mitered corner? 

Today, I found the link and the light bulb went off.  It was a beautiful moment.

Here's the link

And it was so simple. 

Mitered corners are at my fingertips.  I am going to miter everything. 

No comments:

Post a Comment